- ONLINE REGISTRATION
A vasectomy is increasingly becoming the preferred birth control procedure for men. It is quick and easy and there is not too much pain either. At the Ottawa Vasectomy and Infant Circumcision clinic, we provide effective and safe vasectomy services in Ottawa. Let’s take a look at the benefits of this procedure:
There are many benefits available not just to the man, but the woman and the entire family as well:
• A permanent birth control method
• Unplanned pregnancy prevention
• An anxiety-free mind
• A 15-minute safe and simple procedure under local anesthesia offers these benefits
• The men are able to control their reproduction through vasectomy
• They enjoy the freedom to choose a birth control method without seeking their partner’s approval
• A vasectomy offers multiple benefits to women as well since they can avoid the risk of pregnancy & childbirth. Avoiding tubal ligation (female sterilization) and the possibility of discontinuing hormonal birth control are added benefits
A vasectomy is both a very low risk & safe procedure. However, a few complications can surface, as in the case of any surgery:
• The most common reaction in a vasectomy procedure is mild bruising but it subsides in a week or so.
• A small bump on the vas called sperm granuloma can form because the canal becomes natural sealed. This tiny bump will become undetectable over a period of one year after the procedure.
• Two rare complications are infection (treatable with antibiotics) and scrotal hematoma (blood collection caused by bleeding in the scrotum).
• Inflammation and pain may sometimes last for several weeks after the procedure. These can be treated with medicines such as Motrin or Advil.
• Chronic pain in the testicles (post-vasectomy pain syndrome). This is extremely rare, occurring only in 1 in 10,000 vasectomies.
The negligible rate of vasectomy failure (0.03%) is a distinct benefit for the whole family. This contrasts with a 5% failure rate of birth control pills and dangerous complications involved in tubal ligation failures (normally rare).
So why not opt for a vasectomy? – A simpler, safer, less complicated procedure that can be done in a doctor’s clinic.
If you have any more questions or want to know more about the vasectomy procedure, just get in touch with us at the Ottawa Vasectomy and Infant Circumcision clinic. You can call us or contact us through our online form. We also have an online registration form so you can make an appointment for your procedure.