- ONLINE REGISTRATION
Needle-free vasectomies are a non-invasive procedure that can be completed within a matter of 15 minutes. In a vasectomy, the vas deferens (tubes that carry the sperm from the testicles) are blocked. This prevents the sperm from flowing into the semen.
We at the Ottawa Vasectomy and Infant Circumcision clinic, use this advanced procedure at our clinic. Only local anesthesia is administered and as mentioned earlier, no needles are utilized in this procedure.
This is how it’s done…
• We use an advanced anesthesia technique in which it is administered via a jet injection. This is also called the freezing technique.
• In the next step, the tubes will be located under the frozen area.
• Clamps will be used to hold the vas deferens in place.
• The opening is stretched to make a minute puncture using a special instrument.
• Each of the tubes will be lifted through the tiny opening.
• The tubes will then be cut and the upper ends closed after which they will be pushed back into their sheath.
• The testicular end will be left untouched and it is kept open so that the sperm can exit easily. It helps prevent accumulation of sperm at this end, which significantly reduces the discomfort. This procedure is referred to as an open-ended vasectomy.
Why Needle-Free Vasectomies in Ottawa Are Preferred
When compared to traditional vasectomy procedures, there are a number of benefits to needle-free vasectomies in Otttawa such as:
• This is a low-risk procedure
• Very short recovery timeframe
• Quick procedure that can be completed within 15 minutes
• Very minimal discomfort or pain during the vasectomy
• Very good success rate
While this is a very good method of contraception for men, it’s important to understand that it is a permanent option. While there is possibility of reversing the procedure the success rates of it are quite low. This is why we recommend to our patients that they should get proper advise from our medical experts, and make a prudent decision about whether they want a vasectomy or not.
We are here to provide you all the information you need and answer all your queries. If you have any questions or want to know more, just get in touch with us at the Ottawa Vasectomy and Infant Circumcision clinic. You can call us or contact us through our online form. We also have an online registration form so you can make an appointment for your procedure.